Bodybuilding supplements are a multi-million dollar industry. Every year, enthusiastic weightlifters spend billions of dollars on supplements in the hope of packing on muscle mass and improving their strength and performance. Unfortunately, the scientific evidence supporting the use of bodybuilding supplements is often weak, and many of these products are not regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This means that bodybuilders are often taking supplements that are not proven to be safe or effective.
Bodybuilding Supplements: Pros
- There are three main types of bodybuilding supplements: protein supplements, weight gainers, and muscle builders.
- Protein supplements, such as whey protein, are often touted as the key to building muscle. And there is some evidence to support this claim.
- Protein is essential for muscle growth. When you lift weights, you damage your muscle fibres. In order to repair and grow these fibres, your body needs protein.
- Supplementing with protein can help you meet your daily protein needs and promote muscle growth. In one study, participants who took whey protein experienced greater muscle gains than those who didn’t supplement with protein.
- Weight gainers are another popular type of bodybuilding supplement. They’re often high in calories and protein, and they can help you gain weight.
- If you’re struggling to eat enough calories to support muscle growth, weight gainers can be an effective way to increase your calorie intake. In one study, participants who took a weight gainer gained more muscle mass than those who didn’t supplement with a weight gainer.
- Muscle builders are a type of supplement that contains ingredients that are claimed to promote muscle growth. Creatine is the most popular muscle-building supplement.
- Creatine is a compound that is naturally found in your muscles. It helps to produce ATP, which is the energy source that your muscles use for short bursts of power.
- Supplementing with creatine has been shown to improve strength and increase muscle mass in some people.
Bodybuilding Supplements: Cons
Bodybuilding supplements are not regulated by the FDA. This means that manufacturers don’t have to prove that their products are safe or effective before they can sell them.
As a result, many bodybuilding supplements are of poor quality and do not contain the ingredients that they claim to. In one study, only 21% of supplements tested contained the amount of protein that was listed on the label.
Bodybuilding Supplements worth the Money:
The evidence to support the use of bodybuilding supplements is often weak. Many of these products are not regulated by the FDA, and they can be dangerous. Furthermore, the claims made about the muscle-building benefits of these supplements are often exaggerated. So, if you’re thinking about taking bodybuilding supplements, you may want to reconsider. The stack includes four of crazybulk sarms bulking stack top-selling muscle building supplements, designed to maximize muscle mass gains and enhance strength.
Furthermore, the claims made about the muscle-building benefits of these supplements are often exaggerated. So, if you’re thinking about taking bodybuilding supplements, you may want to reconsider.